Book Brief - Book Sculptures

So, I didn't really know where to start with the book brief...essentially, it could have been anything which is nice but I got a bit lost...yet I put on the proposal that I would charge £10 so I needed to come up with something worth £10...ponder?

Initially, I looked at some 'book sculptures'...Although I think they are visually engaging and 'look nice', but this isn't the route I'm going to go down...

Lisa Occhipinti;
Alberto CerriteƱo;
I really like the above one, based on 'Where the wild things are'.
It kind of reminds of those hand craft cards things that you can get off shopping channels where you layer up lots of little pieces...which, funnily enough, I think are pretty naff but in this instance the process is really effective.

Nicholas Galanin;

As I mentioned before, I'm not going to go down this route because (apart from the where the wild things are one...) even though they look interesting, I wouldn't pay to own them.

No comments:

Post a Comment