Book Brief - Postcards

During the type session on thursday, Amber mentioned postcards a few times. At first, I didn't really pay that much attention to it because I didn't know how I could make it work, but once considering it more...this does seem like a good choice.

Dailey Crafton;
I really like this 'thinking of you' postcard and think the colour pallette/one colour works really well. I went onto Crafton's shop and noticed he was selling just 1 for £5...food for thought.

Lizzie Hunter;
I think these postcards are great. I believe they're also available as screen prints.
As I have specified that my book will be based on type, work like this is a good inspiration. I also think the humour aspect appeals to a broad audience.

Not sure...from Behance;
I just really like these as a set. The image isn't particularly big so I couldn't see much detail but the colours, tones and mixture of handwritten type and (presumably) computer generated type works really well.

etsy.com;
I don't know what these were for or exactly what they are, I just came across them when browsing but I thought it was quite an interesting way of packaging postcards...

Aston Martin;
The above example is a pack of postcards that Aston Martin released. Its very sophisticated, mature and well crafted. Once again, I think its a very effective way of packaging postcards...and it looks like a book.

A5 Magazine Portfolio;
This is a box of postcards, sent out as a portfolio. Obviously the postcards aren't a standard size but the size that has been used and packaging it appropriate to the subject matter which is something I could take into account.

Electric Angel;
Once again, an example of work I like and dislike...I like the subject and what has been packaged; photographs from a stick to scarborough, packaged with a piece of scarborough rock and the box itself is simple but it works, however the blue ink used on the box is blinding.

Pau LamuĂ ;
This postcard is both visually engaging and physically engaging because you can 'pop out' the letters. This is a great example of not using ink, just cutting away from stock.

Scott King;
This final example...I like the box; a bold statement, clear, easy to read and grabs your attention but I wish I could see more of the postcards that you get in the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment