Book Brief - Handmade books

Moving away from the idea of book sculptures which would just really be used to 'look at', I went on to look at handmade books that can actually be used or read. There were a lot of examples but 2 of my favourites are below;

Bingo book;
I am assuming that inside, this one is just a sketchbook but I think the cover is ingenious. An interactive sketchbook cover that you can play bingo with? Fun times!

Melly Brooks;

Technically I like And dislike this one. I think the binding and shape that it creates is interesting and how it creates images with depth...and then how it all folds into a well crafted box. However, I don't like the illustrations...which isn't really important because I'm not looking at it for illustration inspiration...but I just needed to point that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment