More Packaging 2 -

The Kraken Media Kit.
The Kraken Black Spiced Rum.


Contents: Kraken tooth, Kraken ink, a log book, a scroll, a feather, movies of the Kraken and a bottle of Kraken Rum.
The kit is set up as a 'proof' kit, each element inside is one piece of proof that a mythical Kraken sea monster exists.

I'm not really sure what it is that drew me to this, I think it was the simple black print on a brown stock/box and the style of illustration, but when I saw what was inside when you opened it up I pleasantly surprised. It reminds me of something you would see on a old film, that people take with them on a boat trip or something...I really don't know why it reminds me of that, but it does.

As I am looking to take a more sophisticated approach, I think this is quite appropriate in more ways than one because:
Colour pallette - The limited colour pallette and stock choices make it look quite elegant.
Style - Although it looks quite contemporary, I personally think that the style, the feather and ink and the contents (rum) are quite traditional and 'old'; I think the contrast between modern on tradition works really well here and it is a 'style' that I would like to carry through into my designs.
Tone - Even though it looks and seems quite serious, its about a mythical sea monster...I think its safe to say they aren't being serious and this is a style of humour that I really like in design, its not 'LOL', in your face funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment