Promotional Print

I found a great book in the library called 'Print and Production finishes for Promotional Items'.
I could have put every page of the book up here but I narrowed it down to methods etc. that I could consider in my design development.

The examples that I collected, I put them into different categories so I will put Stock and Finishing onto a following post.

Printing:
Acid Etching:
I'd never really thought about how they printed things like this before, but after looking at the Fossil tins and thinking about different materials I could use, I thought this would be a nice way of updating something and making it look contemporary, sophisticated and stylish.

Rubber Die:
This example really made me laugh, it is an invitation to someones birthday party with the tagline "Get plastered!" and its printed on plaster board, ingenius!
In terms of the printing method, it is a 'relatively' cheap method and its easy to do, especially when printing in one colour on an awkward material i.e. plasterboard.

Monoprint:
Obviously I knew what monoprinting was before I looked in this book but I just thought this example was a nice use of the colour limitation and the effect that using a photocopier can create; makes it look somewhat textured.
(Look at print research for method used here...)


No comments:

Post a Comment