Traidcraft and Renew tissue brand...

'Curious recently finished Renew Toilet Tissue, needed to reflect the environmentally responsible production of the paper:
The client wanted to target a premium market with their new sustainable eco-friendly toilet tissue. The product is sourced from 100% renewable plantations from a certified environmentally managed company that shares the clients concerns and responsibilities not only for the environment, but for the social and economical impact on local communities. The design effectively conveys these values through colour palette and imagery.'

Although the packaging reflects the brand etc. I don't think its a particularly engaging - technically, this is ok for toilet roll because you never really have it on display but in my case, the design needs to work a range of packaging for different types of tissue whether it will go on display or not.
'Traidcraft was established in 1979 as a response to poverty, and are the UK’s leading fair trade organization. The speech bubbles on their tissue range are an excellent way to communicate directly with consumers, letting them know exactly how their purchase is helping a greater cause.'

I like the fact that this packaging makes a bold statement, and that it combines type with image but on the other hand, I think it looks quite cheap...almost like a supermarket brand range of tissues, I think this is because I've seen something in Morrisons that looks quite like it...maybe it was this?
Also, I'm not sure whether the colour adds to the messages but I think its quite clever how the statement relates to what you do with the tissue i.e. 'I'm blowing poverty away' because you use those tissues to blow your nose usually...

No comments:

Post a Comment