Kleenex advertising...

In addition to looking at the packaging and the fact that I will be promoting the product aswell...I have looked at past Kleenex (print based) adverts.

Kleenex kitchen towel (Beijing)


As far as I'm aware, Kleenex kitchen towel isn't actualy available in the UK but I intend to 'propose' the packaging for it. I really like the above set of adverts of as they are an effective example of a purely image advertising campaign - Its great how JWT (the agency behind this) have managed to get the message across with no type, just image (except for the brand logo).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kleenex toilet roll (Australia)


Kleenex toilet roll, once again, a product that I don't think is available in the UK but its there...so why not? In terms of the advertisements; In term of persuading men to use Kleenex and to change the toilet roll, it is doing what I said I Didn't want to do - nagging them; I assume the selling point would be that its double the length so they wouldn't have to change it as much. However, I assume its aimed at women, I would expect it to be more effective as they will agree with the statements, it would be quite humorous and it gives them a temporary/prolonged solution to being annoyed at men for not changing the toilet roll.

The whole design looks quite dated but I think the idea behind it is quite effective.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kleenex moist tissues
Yet another product that I haven't seen in the UK. I do think this ad is quite humorous due to the expression on the boys face and it shows a use for the 'moist tissues' instead of just wiping hands etc. However, I don't really like the design/layout; I suppose in terms of my own practice, this looks quite bland and if I was looking at it I would just look at the picture, probably see the Kleenex logo and move on - I might not notice that its actually for moist tissues as apposed to normal kleenex tissues.
This is just my opinion, I'm sure to others it works perfectly well. I think the image is the strongest part of the composition.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kleenex - Feel more at home wherever you go.

This was by far my favourite promotional piece out of all the Kleenex one's that I saw.
Its innovative, humorous and attention grabbing; it doesn't put the Kleenex logo everywhere; as its the last thing you see (its on the back of the cubicle door) it makes it feel more personal; it creates an environment and once you're comfortable....or sat on the toilet?....they make you aware of the brand, but its not 'in your face'.
To me, this is the most memorable promotional piece out of the previous examples.
In addition to the fact I like it, the idea could actually be taylored towards men by simply putting it in a primarily male environment i.e. urinals.

No comments:

Post a Comment