Nuts type...







As I bought a few 'lads mags' as secondary research, once I had decided that type as image was the design direction I was taking - I chose to look at the type used in these magazines (to see what is used in magazines targeted to a similar audience as I am targeting.)
My least favourite out of the examples that I posted above is actually the one used on the cover - I think the others are a lot more visually engaging and generally more interesting to look at.
The one used for 'eva's big boob blowout' reminds me of a Dizzee Rascal ad I saw a while ago, so it shows that this style of type can work for different subjects.
I like the 'Naff Tats' one because it appears to be based on a generic computer typeface, yet by simply drawing/tracing it, it gives it a completely different quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment