Weihong Su



I am realising more and more that a lot of the work I am inspired by, isn't hugely like the work I am producing...I don't think this is a problem, but I do hope to work more with illustration in the third year to show a clear link between my context and practice.
Obviously this doesn't have a direct link to my type as image but I just really like the style of illustration - I class myself as 'not very imaginary', so I don't think I could come up with something like this - but the link quality and texture is something that I hope to factor into my work.

The last example appears to have been produced or printed onto a textured stock - even when this is then reproduced on a completely flat, smooth stock, it works really well and gives it a visual texture which can't be achieved with a smooth stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment