Brian Ewing



I came across Ewings work a few years ago, I think I was on my foundation course and I put him in my 'critical journal'. I loved his work but just thought I couldn't do anything like it so kind of pushed it aside, however, this is the sort of direction I want to move in my final year so now is time to look at his work more.

The main thing I like about his work is the kind of macarbe nature...but it isn't glum to look at, and the fact that the imagery is realistic - it hasn't got fine details and delicate shading to make it look photographically perfect, but in terms of proportion etc. it isn't completely imaginative.

I also really like how he incorporates the type into the image - like the Queens of the stone age poster, where he was worked the type into the girls chest - it is still readable but it doesn't just look likes its been stuck on at the last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment