Terry Gilliam

I've never really liked or paid much attention to the whole Monty Python thing, but I have caught seen little bits and thought the animation used on some parts was pretty humorous, yet I never thought of working with that style/idea until the crit last week.

It was suggested that someone else should look at the animation style and the name 'Terry Gilliam' was mentioned in the presentations right after we came back, after thinking of ways I could animate some of my 'stories', I decided to look more at Gillaim.

Storytime (1968)


A Miracle of Flight


Beware of the Elephants


Quintissential Gilliam


If I was to take inspiration from this work, it would be the idea of using a still image and cutting up or moving it around to create motion.

The whole cut out thing kind of reminds me of the 'Big Fat quiz of the Year' title sequence...which is a more contemporary example.

No comments:

Post a Comment